On Thursday 17th November, North Staffordshire Combined Healthcare NHS Trust was delighted to welcome Amanda Pritchard, NHS Chief Executive.
During the course of her visit, Amanda engaged with a number of teams and projects
- a drop-in session with the Mental Health Liaison Team, located in the UHNM Emergency Department;
- discussions with frontline staff over lunch at Harplands Hospital;
- a live demonstration of the award-winning Virtual Reality Delirium Training product, developed in-house by Combined;
- a trip to Ward 6, to see compassionate care in action;
- a discussion with our staff in the Crisis Care Centre, understanding the access they provide in partnership with colleagues across the system and with local police the West Midlands Ambulance Service.
Following the visit, the Trust was delighted to receive the following feedback from Amanda.
“Thank you so much for hosting my visit to Stoke-on-Trent last week. It was a great itinerary and I really enjoyed meeting your staff and the patients in your care at both Royal Stoke and Harplands.
It was particularly clear to me from my visit to Harplands what a huge difference your team there make to some of our most vulnerable patients at the times when they need us most – the compassion, personalisation and dedication shown by your staff shone through.”