Another fantastic year...
Hi all... this is the last blog before Christmas, so I wanted to use it to simply say thank you - for all you have done over the past year and to wish you all a very Happy Christmas, particularly our staff who will be working over the Christmas period. To celebrate the year and say thanks to our magnificent staff, we’ve produced this Christmas Video. You can watch it below or send anyone a link to it at https://youtu.be/nYt-Zi1CrQg.
MANY CONGRATULATIONS AND MANY THANKS ON ANOTHER FANTASTIC YEAR!
You will know that almost every week, my blog contains individual examples of brilliant performance, awards being won, praise being received, innovation being delivered, services being improved or fantastic teamwork being displayed. As we look back and take stock at the end of the year’ it’s worth just remembering some of the highlights of what we’ve done.
And remember, none of these things simply happen by themselves; they are delivered and achieved by our simply fabulous staff. 2017 has been another fantastic year:
- The fastest improving mental health trust in the country, according to the CQC
- 18 consecutive years of achieving financial balance
- No child waiting more than 18 weeks for a CAMHS assessment - 68% within 4 weeks
- Successful delivery of our new Electronic Patient Record – described by NHS Digital as the best implementation of an EPR they had ever seen
- Highest performing mental health trust in the country for flu vaccination of frontline staff
- Best performing trust in England for IAPT recovery rates
- Dementia diagnosis rates for people living in Stoke-on-Trent highest in the West Midlands
- Highest conversion rates to psychiatry training of any medical school in England
- Average length of stay for new learning disability admissions cut by 60%
- Third highest mental health trust in England for staff engagement
Our awards over the past year
- 2017 Positive Practice in Mental Health Awards – Winner- Meir Partnership Care Hub: Mental Health and Social Care Award
- 2017 Healthcare People Management Association Awards – Winner- Leading With Compassion
- 2017 Health Education West Midlands Regional Leadership Recognition Awards - Winner Healthy Minds: Team Outstanding Achievement: Clinical Award - Stephanie Woodall: Leading for Service Improvement and Innovation Award
- 2017 Healthcare Financial Management Association Awards – Winner- Finance Team: Costing Award
- 2017 Healthcare Financial Management Association West Midlands Branch Awards – Winner - Finance Team: Great Place to Work Award
- 2017 HSJ Awards – Finalist- Julia Ford: Clinical Leader of the Year
- 2017 HSJ Value in Healthcare Awards – Finalist- Learning Disabilities Directorate: Community Healthcare Service Redesign Award- Healthy Minds: Improving the value of Primary Care Service Award
- 2017 Healthcare People Management Association Awards – Finalist- Feel Good Friday: Social Partnership Forum Award
- 2017 Flu Fighter Awards – Finalist- Flu Fighter Team: Team of the Year
- 2017 Healthcare Financial Management Association Awards – Winner- Finance Team: Havelock Training Award