North Staffordshire Combined Healthcare NHS Trust are proud to launch “Our Combined People” – our People Plan 2023-2028. The People Plan details how the Trust can collectively work to make the Combined the best place to work within the NHS. Paul Draycott, Chief People Officer at the Trust, comments on how this can be achieved:
“To really achieve this we need feel a sense of collective pride, inclusion and belonging. For us to continue to create working environments where people can thrive by being their best, authentic selves. This will be done if we feel a sense of hope, opportunity and control, where civility and kindness leads to compassion and physiological health benefits for all of us and where we also have joy at work.”
Our aim and objectives
The Plan sets out how the Trust will deliver its core aim – “To further develop a diverse engaged workforce, outstanding in all that we do”
In doing so, the Trust will pursue 5 strategic outcomes:
- Vacancy level of 5% or below
- Turnover level of 8% or less
- A workforce which is representative of our community at every level
- A sickness absence rate of 4% or less
- The Trust will retain the NHS Staff survey results as being one of the top three NHS Trusts nationally across the NHS and, beyond, one of the best employers in the UK
And the Trust will measure our success by focussing on 5 priorities and exceeding expectations:
- We will ensure this continues to be a great place to work.
- We will be inclusively representative of our communities.
- We will ensure our people’s health and well-being is supported better than any employer in the NHS.
- We will work with partners in Staffordshire to provide the best opportunities for our people to achieve their potential and aspirations.
- We will ensure our people systems and policies enable the Trust to deliver outstanding services.
Watch the first episode of “People with Paul”
Combined NHS Trust are marking the launch of the People Plan with the very first episode of a new show on the Trust’s digital TV channel CTV. Over the coming months, “People with Paul” will carry interviews, features, competitions and fun items.
The first episode – “Why people matter” – features Paul Draycott in conversation with Kerry Smith, Deputy People Officer and Steve Jones from Unison, as they discuss the new Plan and how they intend to make it a reality.
You can watch the first episode of “People with Paul” by clicking below: