Crisis Care Centre
Main contact number
0800 0 328 728 (option 1)
Service based at
Crisis Care Centre
About the service
The Crisis Care Centre comprises of the following teams:
- All Age Access Team (incorporates the formally known CAMHS Hub)
- Home Treatment Team (18-65 years)
- High Volume Users Team
- Place of Safety (Section 136)
- Site Management/Emergency Planning
- A single point of contact for all Mental Health Crisis for individuals of all ages
- A prompt and expert triage/assessment of needs
- A multi-disciplinary team approach
- Advice and support to service users, families and carers
- A culturally competent service, including ready access to interpreter services for minority languages and British Sign language
- A detailed understanding of the local population, its mental health needs and priorities, and a service that is sensitive to this and diversion and inclusion needs
- Support and advice to primary care through collaborative working
- Report the findings of assessments to referrers and other significant individuals in order to facilitate best care
Anybody that is experiencing a mental health crisis, recognising that a crisis is unique to all individuals.
- Self, family, carers
- Professional, GP/Primary Care Services, Police, Paramedics, Schools
- Independent sector services
This list is not exhaustive but gives examples; the All age Access Team will accept referrals from any source whereby there is concern for an individual’s mental health.
How should a referral be made?
Self-referral, family, carers should contact the Crisis Care Centre via telephone number 0800 0 328 728 (option 1) where possible in order to triage and arrange assessment venue and time appropriate to an individual’s needs.
Professional referrals, either urgent or routine, should contact the Crisis Care Centre via telephone number 0800 0 328 728 (option 1) with the exception of routine GP referrals that are made via ERS.
Self-presentations are also accepted. A triage assessment will be undertaken in order to determine an individual’s needs, whereby a further assessment may be arranged at a venue and time appropriate to an individual’s needs.