Visits at Combined Healthcare are by pre-booked visit only. You should contact the ward manager to confirm the following.
When you are booking a visiting slot, you will be asked the following questions and made aware of the pre-visiting information:
- Are you or any household member symptomatic?
- Are you or the household currently self-isolating?
- Are you or a household member shielding?
- Are you or a member of your household classed as being in a vulnerable group?
If the answer to any of the above questions is ‘YES’ then you cannot visit at this time.
Only the Directorate pre-approved appointment dates and times can be used to book visits.
At the time of booking the visiting appointment, the following information will be confirmed with you
- There will only be one visitor per patient
- You will be directed to the visiting room and must stay in that room for the duration of the visit
- You must go directly to the ward you are visiting
- You must decontaminate your hands as you enter and exit the main building and ward ((hand sanitise dispensers are located by all entrances to our buildings and at entrances to the wards.
- You will need to wear a surgical face mask before entering the building – if you do not have one, these will be provided at closest point practicable upon entering the building or at the reception desk.
- You will need to respect social distancing throughout your visit, including with the patient you are visiting
- You will be provided with additional PPE on arrival at the ward, which you will have to wear before entering the ward and remove when leaving, the ward staff will assist you with this.
- You must continue to wear your face mask until you have left the main building
- Your visit will last a maximum of 45 minutes
- There are no waiting areas for other family members such as escorts and drivers – therefore only the visitor must enter the main building
- Children (under 18) are unable to visit at present.
If you have any special requirements to support the visit e.g. wheelchair access, we will do our best to support your visit at the time you have requested. However, to support your safety and that of others we may need to ask you to re-schedule the visit.
Please DO NOT arrive early for your visit as there will be not be a waiting area available
If the visit is for end of life two visitors are permitted and the visiting time may be extended. Thiswill be supported on an individual basi